Before rushing ahead, you should take the time to learn about the basics of hot rollers. This specific type of hair styling tool is primarily used for creating beautiful curls. When scouring the market’s selection of hair rollers, you will find that they’re very diverse and each specific style is different. Still, they all work in a similar manner, but the specific type of curl you will be able to make depends wholeheartedly on the product you’re using. Within this guide, you’ll learn all about hair rollers and how to choose the best hot roller for your hair.
Different Types Of Hair Rollers
As mentioned above, the market is truly overflowing with various types of rollers. In order to discover the right roller for your individualistic desires, you’ll need to learn about some of the most common types. Some rollers work better in certain circumstances than others, so it is sometimes wise to have a variety of different types on hand. Below, you’ll learn about each different type.
- Plastic Mesh – If you wish to create beautiful, smooth curls, which will really compliment your face, you’ll want to opt for plastic mesh rollers. This specific type tends to be less costly and readily available. For optimum results, plastic mesh rollers should be applied when your hair is still wet.
- Flexi-Rods – Ideal for women who wish to sleep in their rollers. They can be utilized for wet and dry hair, so they’re a little more versatile than the alternatives. With flexi-rods, you are able to gain more control over the curl and can elongate it if you desire.
- Foam Rollers – These are soft and work best for fragile hair. Be sure to use foam rollers when your hair is dry for the best results.
- Hot Rollers – Sometimes referred to steam rollers, they are dynamic and available in various diameters. Over the course of many years, hot rollers have become incredibly popular for their ability to create curls, which can last for an extensive period of time. They’ll also produce limited frizz, when compared to the alternatives. Hot rollers should be used on dry hair.
How To Choose Hair Rollers
When attempting to select the right hair rollers for your hair, you’ll need to look at several factors, including the different types, which have already been explained above. Below, you’ll discover other things that need to be taken into consideration.
- Hair Type – Your specific hair type will play a role vital in determining which roller will work best for you. If you have thick hair, you should acquire rollers with a larger shaft. This will help to ensure that you’ll be able to wrap the hair much easier.
- Desired Curl – Each specific hair roller will be able to produce a unique curl. For instance, Flexi-rods are ideal for those that wish to show off tight spirals. Plastic rollers are best for smooth curls. Make sure you know precisely what is desired, before making your choice.
- When To Style – Nobody knows your beauty procedure better than you. Do you want to sleep with the curls in your hair? If so, you should opt for roam rollers or flexi-rods. Be sure to choose the rollers that best suit your lifestyle and unique beauty procedure.
How To Use
Once you’ve acquired the right rollers, you’ll want to learn how to utilize them properly. Remember that the process will vary slightly from one type of roller to another, but there are some similarities involved. Also, the specific type of curl that you desire will change the process to some degree. Below, you’ll learn how to use rollers to create classic curls, which will show off the beauty of your face.
- Acquire your rollers and apply gentle hold hairspray to your hair
- In order to ensure all hair is rolled properly, you should divide your hair into at least three sections
- Start with the middle section and start in the front. Grab a portion of hair and wrap it around the roller. Be sure to roll towards your head.
- Continue with the side sections
- Once all of the hair has been curled, you should add more spray and allow the curls to set
- Remove the rollers and marvel at the beauty
Curling Irons vs Hot Rollers
Although curling irons and flat irons are also capable of producing beautiful curls, they can also be damaging to your hair. If you are not careful, the heat of the iron could create disastrous results. At the same time, rollers generally deliver longer lasting results and are much easier to use.
Three Products to Choose from
Check out these products that are the best hot rollers:
Best Choice: Conair Infiniti Pro
The best hot roller set, bar none. There is no doubt that Conair has been a leading manufacturer of hot rollers for many years. Their products give women the ability to produce unique styles, which are theirs and theirs alone. This is especially true, when it comes to the Infiniti Pro. This specific hot roller set comes with 20 individual ceramic-flocked rollers. 20 rollers are truly enough to pull of any type of curl and hairstyle that you can imagine. The rollers are available in three sizes, including 1 ¼ inch, 1 inches and ¾ inch. This gives you additional control and more freedom to acquire the precise style that you desire.
The Infiniti Pro is lightning fast! The rollers can heat up sufficient within a matter of 2 minutes, so styling your hair will never be quicker. Argan oil fusion is utilized to condition the hair and eliminate unwanted frizz. For added control, this set offers 12 temperature settings, which makes it perfect for all women and all types of hair.
- Includes 20 ceramic flocked rollers
- Available in 3 roller sizes, including 1 ¼ inch, 1 inch and ¾ inch
- 12 temperature settings make the set ideal for all women, regardless of hair type
- Utilizes Argan oil fusion to condition and diminish frizz
- Rollers can be ready to use in just 2 minutes
- Equipped with an automatic shutoff
- Retractable cord makes life a bit easier
At the end of the day, the Infiniti Pro by Conair is an excellent hot roller set for most women. The set itself is a little bulky, but that is a necessity to make up for the amazing contents of the set. If you desire beautiful curls and want them quickly, the Infiniti Pro is a wise investment. Click Here to Check Out The Conair Infiniti Pro at Amazon.com!
If you’re looking for an excellent hot roller set, which won’t break the bank, you should check out the Babyliss Pro Roller Set. This specific set comes with 12 jumbo rollers and utilizes far-infrared heat, so you can rest assured knowing your hair will never be damaged. The rollers are encased with velvet flock, which makes them effortless to grip. The rollers measure in at 1 and a ½ inches, so they’re ideal for those that want large, lush curls.
The Babyliss Pro Rollers utilize a highly innovative surround heating system, which helps to deliver the precise style that you’re after. This feature also guarantees that the curls last for an extensive period of time, without untangling. With this specific set, the rollers heat up quickly and can be ready to use in just 10 minutes. Additional features of this specific set can be found below.
- Rollers can be ready to go in just 10 minutes
- Comes with clips and pins, which makes the set ideal for everyone
- Contains 12 jump rollers, which measure 1 and ½ inches
- Velvet flock allows you to maintain an easy grip
- Utilizes far-infrared and surround heating to deliver precise and long-lasting results
- Produce a beautiful curl, which will satisfy the majority of women
- One of the best hot roller sets on the market
All in all, the Babyliss Pro is ideal for almost any woman. They’re easy to use, ready to go in minutes and can produce a beautiful, long-lasting curl. They’re awesome and most women will absolutely love the results delivered! Click Here to Check Out The Babyliss Pro at Amazon.com!
If you do not own the proper tools, then chances are you will be having a bad hair day, every day. This is why women turn to the Revlon Ionic hairsetter. A list of notable specifications is provided below.
One of the greatest benefits that you will receive from this product is that the curls will last throughout the day, even in humid weather conditions. The curling set includes 20 rollers in various sizes (3/4”, 1”, and 1-1/4”), so you can easily perfect all of your hair, leaving no stranglers behind.
- Clips are constructed out of metal for durability and a better hold
- Heats up within seconds
- Each roller has a cool-touch end to prevent skin burns and tangles
- Embedded with Ionic Technology
- Includes a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Curlers grip hair, making it easier to put on and take off
- Bright red indicator light alerts you, when in operation mode
- Base is equipped with an on/off switch
The Revlon is a very high-quality hot roller that will offer superior curls that last, without frizzing or drying out the hair follicles and cuticles. Click Here to Check Out The Revlon Ionic at Amazon.com!
Best Hot Rollers – Comparison Table